BusinessWatch specify, install and maintain a wide range of automated gates and barriers designed to suit your business premises.
Our electric gates are suited to a range of applications from securing access to your site out of hours, providing restricted access to visitors during working hours and monitoring activity across your site.
Our automated gates are custom made to order, meaning we are able to meet any specifications without compromising on quality or design.
Benefits of Automated Gates & Barriers
- Physical Deterrent – automated gates makes it harder for criminals to access your site
- Save Money – mobile patrols can substantially increase your salary expenses, whereas electric security gates that open automatically to authorised personnel only can reduce this cost.
- Greater Control – additional features such as intercoms and cameras can give greater control to security guards, ensuring all parties remain protected.
- Peace of Mind – even if staff forget to lock the gates after leaving, they can be locked automatically ensuring your business site is protected.
What About Service & Maintenance Regulations?
As a provider of security and access control solutions, it is our obligation to inform you of EC laws, and updates to laws, relating to the operation of automated access equipment and the potential liability issues that would arise in the event of human injury or death as a result of faulty, non-maintained equipment.
To summarise the salient points relating to these legal requirements:
- In accordance with The Supply Of Machinery (Safety) Regulations, it is a requirement that the end user/customer of all industrial doors and automated systems shall establish a fully documented maintenance regime in accordance with the manufacturer’s recommendations.
- The European Community Commission has declared that all AUTOMATIC CLOSING SYSTEMS (motorised gates and doors etc.) are governed by the Machine Directives 1 and must comply with the CE, EN12453 standard (and the corresponding CE, EN12445 relative to testing and measurement) determine the requirements for the automatic closing system and furnish indications as to how dangerous situations can be avoided or reduced according to the following methods:
- Respecting the safety measurements
- The minimum protection level and force limitation
- Detecting presence and using safety devices
- Resistance to breakage and failure
- Documents to be handed over to the client must contain the following:
- The operating instructions for the safe use of the system
- Normal maintenance instructions
- The declaration of approval
- The maintenance register
- It is also a requirement of British Standards (BS12453) that a bi-annual service of safety systems be carried out by a competent body.
It is therefore imperative that you ensure that every one of your company’s sites fitted with any form of automated access equipment, without exception, is issued with a maintenance regime compliant with European Community Commission directives.
At BusinessWatch we provide competitively priced service and maintenance contracts that will not only ensure that your company keeps on the right side of the law, but more importantly, will give you the peace of mind that your premises are protected by fully operational, maintained security and access control equipment.
If you’re thinking of installing automated gates or barriers at your business premises, contact us for a no obligation quotation. We can also provide maintenance plans for existing gates and barriers, as well as surveying them for legal compliance.