It is widely known that CCTV cameras are one of the best deterrents to crime and many businesses have opted to invest in them because of the inherent benefits:
- Criminals will think twice about an attempted burglary as they are afraid of being caught on camera.
- If an organised intrusion were to take place, you can use CCTV footage to help identify criminals and bring them to justice.
- You can monitor what is happening on your premises remotely via your phone in order to immediately respond to criminal activity.
While the purpose of CCTV cameras is to deter crime, its primary function is to record footage. The importance of good quality footage cannot be stressed enough; as a grainy image compared to crystal clear images from High-Definition (HD) CCTV cameras can be the difference between a criminal being identified and prosecuted, to them walking away as they weren’t identified.
Even with the best quality cameras, the quality of footage can drop during hours of darkness particularly during the winter months, when days are darker for longer periods.
It is safe to say that natural light is a cameras best friend. However in darkness the presence of LED Security Lighting can enhance the image quality compared to the effects of street lights or cameras that have in-built lights.
Below you can see various examples of the difference between image quality when a CCTV camera is supported by BusinessWatch LED Security Lighting compared to; in-built infra-red, low light camera, no light and street lights.
1. See the difference in image quality when a BusinessWatch Security Light is used to accompany a CCTV vs. just the light emitted from a fixed camera with an in-built IR (Infra-red):
2. See the difference in image quality when a BusinessWatch Security Light is used to accompany a CCTV vs. a low light camera:
3. See the difference in image quality when a BusinessWatch Security Light is used to accompany a CCTV vs. just the light emitted from a PTZ camera with an in-built IR:
4. See the difference in thermal image quality when a BusinessWatch Security Light is used to accompany a CCTV vs. thermal quality on a CCTV without any light:
5. See the difference in image quality when a BusinessWatch Security Light is used to accompany a CCTV vs. CCTV footage relying on street light for illumination:
As you can see having BusinessWatch LED Security Lighting has clear benefits:
- Clearer images can be seen
- Greater detail is captured to help identification
- Longer distances are covered
- Lower bandwidth and storage used
BusinessWatch are experts in LED Security Lighting installation as well as CCTV cameras.
We service Peterborough, Cambridge, Sheffield, Northampton, Derby, Huntingdon and Chesterfield.
Call us on Freephone 0330 094 7404 to enquire about how we can enhance your site security with LED Security Lighting:
Alternatively book a survey directly here.