Fire Extinguisher training helps your employees to both understand the differences between the various fire extinguishers, and effectively choose which to use in each fire situation. Delegates will learn about the different types of fire, the way in which it spreads and the best way to tackle it. All delegates will also receive practical training on the correct use of a fire extinguisher in a real-life simulation.
- Minimal disruption to the working day – the course takes just 90 minutes
- Suitable for anyone, in any industry sector
- Enables delegates to effectively and confidently use the correct extinguisher should a fire occur
Our Fire Extinguisher course will help your business to:
- decrease the risk of fire spreading
- improve your company’s fire safety culture
- achieve certification of attendance for all delegates
On completion of this course, you’ll be able to:
- understand and feel confident of your own responsibilities for fire safety
- identify different fire types and understand how they spread
- select the correct extinguisher for each fire type
- utilise an extinguisher confidently should a fire occur
- understand when a fire shouldn’t be tackled with an extinguisher
The fire extinguisher servicing and maintenance training course lasts approximately 90 minutes and is delivered at your own premises.
- Fire Science – Triangle of fire
Identifies the 3 items required to create fire and encourages the delegates to realise the importance of the triangle in preventing and extinguishing fire.
- Classes of Fire – Identifies the classes of fire and how they relate to fire extinguisher types.
- Fire Extinguisher Theory – Identifies the types of fire extinguishers commonly in use in the UK and guides delegates on selecting the correct type of fire extinguisher.
- Fire Extinguisher Practical – Provides delegates with the opportunity to use water and carbon dioxide extinguishers for real.
- Maintenance Requirements – Outlines the maintenance and requirements and routine user checks for servicing fire extinguishers.
The course will be led by an experienced former senior fire officer. The course is delivered to encourage delegate participation and engagement, ensuring maximum learning and attention.
The presentation is usually delivered via PowerPoint, supported by video input and includes practical training on the use of fire extinguishers. Whilst some course slides may be available following the training, delegates will be required to take their own notes as necessary.
On completion of the course, delegates will be asked to complete a course feedback form. This provides us with much valued thoughts on the course which enables us to continue delivering training courses of the highest quality.
Maximum number of students per training course – 20 persons.