Fire Awareness is the Key to Prevention
Fire Safety Awareness training helps your employees to both understand the potential fire risks in your business, and how to deal with them effectively. This course is designed to reduce fire risk through promoting fire safety awareness and providing basic fire training for all delegates.
- Minimal disruption to the working day – the course takes just 1.5 to 2 hours
- Suitable for anyone, in any industry sector
- Enables delegates to effectively identify roles and responsibilities should a fire occur
Our Fire Safety Awareness course will help your business to:
- decrease the risk of fire occurring on-site
- improve your company’s fire safety culture
- delegate staff roles in the event of a fire emergency
- achieve certification of attendance for all delegates
On completion of this course, you’ll be able to:
- understand and feel confident of your own responsibilities for fire safety
- identify and report potential fire hazards on-site
- effectively assess fire risks in the workplace
- evacuate the building efficiently in an emergency situation
- identify the correct equipment for fire-fighting
The fire safety awareness course lasts approximately 1.5 to 2 hours and is delivered at your own premises.
- Fire Science – Identifies the 3 items required to create fire and encourages the delegates to realise the importance of the triangle in preventing and extinguishing fire.
- Fire Prevention – Identifies typical fire hazard situations and unsafe practices that may lead to a fire or prevent people escaping in the event of a fire. This element is demonstrated using photographic material.
- Fire Protection – Identifies typical fire safety facilities such as escape routes, fire resisting doors, fire alarms, emergency lighting and extinguishers. Once again, this element is demonstrated using photographic material.
- Action in case of fire – Identifies the action to be taken upon discovering a fire and the action to be taken when hearing the fire alarm.
- Check lists – Introduces the concept of check lists to audit best practice.
The course will be led by an experienced former senior fire officer. The course is delivered to encourage delegate participation and engagement, ensuring maximum learning and attention.
The presentation is usually delivered via PowerPoint, supported by video input. Whilst some course slides may be available following the training, delegates will be required to take their own notes as necessary.
On completion of the course, delegates will be asked to complete a course feedback form. This provides us with much valued thoughts on the course which enables us to continue delivering training courses of the highest quality.
Maximum number of students per training course – 20 persons.