Assigning Fire Warden duties to a responsible person within your company is a vital component of ensuring that your workplace maintains a robust fire safety strategy. It also demonstrates your company’s clear commitment to implementing sound emergency fire procedures, instilling a feeling of trust and confidence in your employees.
Our Fire Warden training course is recognised by the Institute of Fire Engineers. It covers fire warden duties under the latest fire legislation, as well as looking at fire-prevention measures, the correct use of fire extinguishers, and how to organise a quick yet safe evacuation.
- Suitable for anyone, in any industry sector
- Enables delegates to confidently act as fire warden and lead a safe evacuation should a fire occur
Our Fire Warden course will help your business to:
- Effectively delegate responsible people to take charge in the event of a fire
- improve your company’s fire safety culture
- achieve certification of attendance for all delegates
On completion of this course, you’ll be able to:
- understand and feel confident of your responsibilities for fire safety in the workplace
- understand fire safety management including emergency planning and evacuation plans
- identify different fire types and understand how they spread
- identify the methods of establishing whether a building is fully evacuated or not
- understand the fire warden sweep system
The fire warden course lasts approximately 4 hours and is delivered at your own premises or an alternative suitable location.
- Legislation and legal requirements – Briefly discusses the Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005 and discusses the intention and scope of the legislation. Includes a video case study and introduces the concept of risk assessment.
- Fire Science – Triangle of fire – Identifies the 3 items required to create fire and encourages the delegates to realise the importance of the triangle in preventing and extinguishing fire.
- Fire Safety Management – Discusses what to do in case of fire, how this relates to emergency plans and fire evacuation. Supported by a video case study.
- Fire Prevention – Identifies the common fire hazards and typical control measures
- Fire Protection – Introduces the concept of means of escape, fire alarms, emergency lighting and signage.
- Fire extinguishers theory and practical – Identifies the types of fire extinguishers in use in the UK. Discusses which extinguisher to use for certain fire types. Details the action to be taken where defects are noted or extinguishers are used. Live demonstration of water and carbon dioxide extinguishers.
- Fire evacuation methods – Identifies the two common methods of establishing whether a building is fully evacuated or not. Discusses the detailed method of the fire warden sweep system.
The course will be led by an experienced former senior fire officer. The course is delivered to encourage delegate participation and engagement, ensuring maximum learning and attention.
The presentation is usually delivered via PowerPoint, supported by video input and includes practical training on the use of fire extinguishers. Whilst some course slides may be available following the training, delegates will be required to take their own notes as necessary.
On completion of the course, delegates will be required to complete a short assessment to demonstrate understanding.
Delegates will also be asked to complete a course feedback form. This provides us with much valued thoughts on the course which enables us to continue delivering training courses of the highest quality.
Maximum number of students per training course – 15 persons.