What is a Fire Suppression System?
A fire suppression system is used to stop fire from spreading within a building or extinguish it entirely. A suppression system uses a mix of dry chemicals and/or wet agents in order to quickly neutralise equipment fires before they escalate.
By installing a fire suppression system at your business premises, you can drastically reduce the risk of serious damage being caused by a fire. These fire protection systems can also provide peace of mind that your building is safe from fire, even when it is empty. This is because they function automatically.
The Benefits of an Automatic Fire Suppression System
- Safe and easy to use: these systems are designed to activate automatically, so they don’t require a person to initiate an activation.
- Early detection: compared to fire detection systems of the past, these modern fire suppression devices offer immediate response to fire and smoke.
- Eliminate fuel sources: removing the electrical or fuel source contained within equipment will ensure the fire isn’t continuing to be fed. Fire suppression systems eliminate the fuel source quickly, limiting any damage.
- Suitable for most locations: fire suppression systems can be installed in almost any area and are most suited to environments such as data centres, archive rooms and server stores.
- Tested and compliant: fire suppression systems are tested in laboratory settings to ensure they work efficiently to extinguish a fire. All of our systems are also designed to be compliant with industry regulations.
Looking to introduce a fire suppression system at your premises? Contact our team today to arrange a free on-site survey.
Types of Fire Suppression Systems
Gas Fire Suppression – FM200 and Novec 1230
A gaseous fire suppression system extinguishes a fire through releasing an agent. This agent works by either reducing the oxygen levels in the area, reducing the chemical reaction within the atmosphere or cooling the fire enough so it dissipates.
We design, install and maintain two main types of gaseous fire suppression systems; Novec 1230 systems and FM200 systems. Both of these systems are synthetic gas suppression systems, and are designed to work quickly and efficiently, and require minimal clean up afterwards.
Novec 1230 suppression systems are environmentally friendly and both the Noves 1230 and FM200 are safe to use in areas where personnel are present.
VESDA (very early smoke detecting apparatus) is the world’s leading air aspirating smoke detection equipment. Combined with a FM200 or Novec 1230 fire suppression system, VESDA smoke detection provides a highly reliable fire safety system for your business.
Room Integrity Testing
However, before any fire suppression system can be designed and installed, the area to be protected must be subjected to a room integrity test. A room integrity test ensures that the fire suppression system will work properly and extinguish a fire by checking enough gas is contained within the designated space for a set period of time.
Electrical fire suppression
Special suppression systems can be installed to extinguish fires in areas at risk of electrical fires. An electrical fire suppression system is the ideal solution if you’re looking to protect an enclosed room, which contains a lot of electrical equipment. For example, you may elect to use this fire protection system to protect a server room or telecoms enclosure.
What happens next?
Looking to introduce a fire suppression system at your premises? Or perhaps you’re looking for maintenance or servicing for your existing system? Either way, our consultant will carry out a full complimentary review of your site, in order to advise on the best way to proceed.
The first step is booking a free on-site survey from a BusinessWatch suppression system consultant. Simply contact us to arrange the survey.
What sectors do we serve?
Our team can fit and maintain fire suppression systems for clients across a wide range of industries, including:
- Transport & logistics
- Waste management
- Dockside & Port
- Storage & Warehousing
- Renewable energy
Why choose BusinessWatch?
- A trusted supplier to hundreds of businesses across the UK.
- Our experienced fire safety team are BAFE and NSI approved.
- Experienced and friendly staff.
- Free advice and quote for your requirements.