If an intruder is detected on your CCTV system out of business hours, who will be notified? Too many businesses depend on passers-by to raise the alarm should a break in or vandalism occur. By the time this happens, if it happens at all, the intruders may well have already taken valuables and caused damage to your site. That’s where our CCTV monitoring service steps in.
BusinessWatch offers a complete CCTV monitoring service to ensure your business is constantly protected and give you peace of mind. Your CCTV system will be professionally monitored through our own in-house Alarm Receiving Centre, by our team of highly trained Monitoring Centre Operatives.
Our in-house Alarm Receiving Centre (ARC) prides itself on providing a superior service compared to other remote monitoring companies. We ensure you receive a fully transparent, honest service with detailed reports delivered directly to you for every single activation detected. Our ARC is fully NSI Gold accredited and operates to BS5979 category II standards.
Benefits of CCTV Monitoring
This benefits you’ll receive when you have your CCTV system monitored by us are many. They include:
- Enhanced protection of your building from intruders, arson and related crime 24 hours a day, every day
- Eliminate the need for security personnel to monitor CCTV footage both in and out of hours
- Reduce potential business disruption if an intrusion is detected and acted on early enough
- Rapid response to alarm activation via remote monitoring
- Professional, honest and transparent service
- Full detailed reporting on every single activation
How CCTV Monitoring Works
Protecting your site with remote CCTV monitoring is an investment for your business. If your security system detects an intrusion, here is what will happen step-by-step.
1. Your security system is activated
2. The signal from your security system is received by our Alarm Receiving Centre and sent to our control room.
3. If the system is activated within your site’s normal working hours in an area where there should be no activity, our Monitoring Centre Operatives will contact your site to check if the activation is a false alarm or not
4. If the system is activated outside of your site’s working hours, our CCTV Monitoring Centre Operatives will check live CCTV footage to verify an intruder. They will then initiate a police response immediately, perform an audio challenge, and contact your nominated keyholder.
When you sign up to our remote monitoring service, we will select the best solution suited for your CCTV system and premises. To ensure coverage at all times, we will always select a dual path monitoring device. This device uses a combination of IP, GPRS and LTE paths to transmit activation signals. This means that if the security system activation signal can’t be transmitted via one means, it’s backed up by another significantly increases the likelihood of the activation signal being responded to.
Recent Crime Statistics
- Police recently recorded an 11% increase in robbery crime.
- CVS data estimates that 9.2 million crimes were committed against businesses in 2015, of which 91% were property related.
With these statistics, not having your CCTV system monitored, especially out of hours, is a risk to your business, your site, your customer base and your ability to continue trading should a break in or arson attack occur. Using a fully accredited CCTV monitoring service will assure you 24 hours a day, 365 days per year that when the alarm is activated, it will be acted upon.
The Difference between non-monitored and monitored CCTV systems
|Immediate response to out of hours alarm activation||Alarm possibly not raised out of hours and intruder goes undetected|
|Intrusions and fires detected and acted on earlier||Intruders likely to escape and fires likely to destroy building before emergency services attend|
|Peace of mind against potential arson attacks out of hours||Arson attacks likely to create substantial damage to your site|
|Cost savings from not having to employ out of hours security personnel||Extra cost of man hours to monitor CCTV systems constantly|
|Risk of harm to employees attending alarm activation out of hours stopped||Employees attending site for alarm activation puts them at risk|
|Constant support from our expert Monitoring Centre Operatives||No support out of hours, and dependent on employees during normal working hours|
|Potential for reduced insurance premiums when CCTV system is monitored||No reduction in insurance premiums|
Having your CCTV system monitored isn’t essential. However, it is an investment in protecting your business, your site and your employees.
Ready to Move Forward With CCTV Monitoring?
If you’re wanting to:
- Set up a new CCTV monitoring contract for your CCTV system
- move from your incumbent monitoring supplier to our superior monitoring service
then call us on 0330 094 7404 for a free, no obligation quotation today. One of our expert CCTV and Security Consultants will be available to discuss your requirements in more detail. They will answer any questions you may have, and fully inform you of the next steps. Then, if required, we’ll arrange a free on-site security survey. If you have any questions with regards to the alarm monitoring services that we offer then please don’t hesitate to get in touch with us, we’ll be more than happy to answer any questions.