To ensure your intruder alarm system stays working correctly, and doesn’t fail you when it’s needed the most, we recommend taking a comprehensive intruder alarm maintenance schedule.
An intruder alarm system service and maintenance contract with a company that is accredited by National Security Inspectorate (NSI) or another third-party accreditor, will help ensure your system stays fully functional, and your premises are protected out of hours.
BusinessWatch is a NSI Silver accredited company. This gives you the peace of mind that we meet or exceed the highest possible business performance standards. We also security screen all relevant staff for your safety.
Intruder Alarm System Maintenance
On choosing BusinessWatch for your intruder alarm maintenance, you will receive a contract from that states:
- The standards the maintenance will be carried out to
- How often your intruder alarm system will be serviced
- The minimum response time to call outs
- What’s included in your agreement (call outs, parts etc)
Typically, an intruder alarm system should have a comprehensive maintenance visit every year. If you have your intruder alarm monitored, this increases to twice a year. However, one of these maintenance visits may be done remotely.
What a Maintenance Visit Includes
When your engineer attends site, they will check log books and system documentation for any previous faults, issues and service calls.
Your intruder alarm system will be subjected to a full functionality inspection, which will include the following:
- Check the installation, location and siting of equipment against the specification
- Check the satisfactory operation of detection devices including deliberately operated devices
- Inspect all flexible connections
- Check the mains and standby power supplies, including correct charging rates
- Check the control unit for correct operation
- Check remote signalling equipment where applicable
- Where possible, test remote signalling equipment to alarm receiving centre
- Check all audible warning & alarm devices
- Check the system in accordance with the customer handbook
Following a maintenance visit, you will receive a full Preventative Maintenance Report detailing any repairs or works recommended to your system. You will also be advised whether the works specified are just recommendations or whether they form an issue that affects the operation and functionality of your intruder alarm system.
What’s the next step?
- looking for a new maintenance/repairs programme for your intruder system
- thinking of moving from your incumbent maintenance supplier
then call us on 0330 094 7404 for a free, no obligation quotation today. One of our expert Security System Consultants will be available to discuss your requirements in more detail. They will answer any questions you may have, and fully inform you of the next steps. Then, if required, we’ll arrange a free on-site fire safety survey.