We recommend taking a comprehensive Access Control maintenance schedule to ensure your system remains in perfect working order and doesn’t fail you when it’s needed the most.
A comprehensive access control system service and maintenance contract with a company that is accredited by National Security Inspectorate (NSI) or another third-party accreditor, will help ensure your security system is always fully functional, and your premises and staff are protected.
BusinessWatch is a NSI Silver accredited company. Therefore, you have the peace of mind that not only do we meet or exceed the highest possible business performance standards, but we also security screen all relevant staff for your safety.
Access Control System Maintenance
On choosing BusinessWatch for your access control system maintenance, you will receive a contract from that states:
- The standards the maintenance will be carried out to
- How often your access control system will be serviced
- The minimum response time to call outs
- What is included in your agreement (call outs, parts etc)
Typically, an access control system should receive a comprehensive maintenance visit every year.
What a Maintenance Visit Includes
When your engineer attends site, they will check log books and system documentation for any previous faults, issues and service calls with your system. A visual inspection then follows to check:
- the installation, location and siting of all equipment and devices against the system record
- the satisfactory operation of all equipment
- all flexible connection
- the normal and standby power supplies, for correct functioning
- the control equipment, in accordance with company procedure
- the operation of any warning device in the system.
Following a maintenance visit, you will receive a full Preventative Maintenance Report Form detailing any repairs or works recommended to your system. You will also be advised whether the works specified are simply just recommendations or whether they form an issue that affects the correct operation and functionality of your access control system.
What’s the next step?
- looking for a new maintenance/repairs programme for your access control solution
- thinking of moving from your incumbent maintenance supplier
Then call us on 0330 094 7404 for a free, no obligation quotation today. One of our expert access control system consultants will be available to discuss your requirements in more detail. They will answer any questions you may have, and fully inform you of the next steps. Then, if required, we’ll arrange a free on-site fire safety survey.